It’s time to quit jaggin around and prove your mastery of Pittsburghese! If you studied the glossary, this pop quiz will be easy -- rilly!
After you test your knowledge, head to the Answer Page to see how well you did!
1. (WAV) (AU) “Quit jaggin around with dat jumbo” implies that:
2. (WAV) (AU) "Dawn is rilly nebby." means that:
- Someone is sticking thorns into his food.
- Someone is holding a very big weapon.
- Someone is playing with his food.
3. (WAV) (AU) "What yinz doin en at?" translates as:
- The sunrise is really nice.
- Don’s reel is very sharp.
- Don is a really nosy fellow.
4. (WAV) (AU) What action do you take when you hear: "Get aht, dere’s a fahr in da filled!"
- What are you two eating today?
- What are the youths doing?
- Tell me everything that you two are doing!
5. (WAV) (AU) "If yinz wants served, raise your hans." translates as:
- Laugh and smell the pretty flower.
- Look carefully at the filled sections.
- Leave the field and call 911.
- If you want service, lift some Germans.
- If the youths want to play tennis, they should raise their hands.
- If you want to be served, raise your hands.